What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - spog69

Hi, the magnetic coil has failed but our mechanic says that the rest of the A/C compressor is good and does not think it is necessary to replace the whole unit - just need the magnetic coil (clutch) and as it has been pressure tested and is full of gas I am hoping I can just find a coil which should cost < £50. I have the old one and the dimensions are (as best as I can measure):

External diameter = 87mm
Inner diameter = 59.6mm
Assembly = 40mm
Height = 25.1mm
Position 270 degrees (or 9 o'clock)

no name or model on the coil

I have trawled the internet and the ones that are supposed to be for this model are not correct or are out of stock. Anybody have any idea of how I can source this part from the manufacturer? Suzuki will only sell the complete compressor I am told.

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - Metropolis.
Your best bet is to find the part number, then google it under ‘shopping’

yes that would have been my first place to look as well but it's not that easy. Unfortunately there are no names or part numbers on the coil unit at all - is that normal or or is that done on purpose to prevent mechanics sourcing component parts or am I being cynical?

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - elekie&a/c doctor
You need to find the make and model of the compressor, then go forward from there . If it’s a Diesel engine , it could be the same as some Renault models .

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 03/05/2022 at 12:49

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - focussed
You need to find the make and model of the compressor, then go forward from there . If it’s a Diesel engine , it could be the same as some Renault models .

I think you'll find that it's the 1.6 Multijet diesel from Fiat/Chrysler from 2013 onwards.

Possibly parts from Fiat ?

I think you'll find that it's the 1.6 Multijet diesel from Fiat/Chrysler from 2013 onwards.

Possibly parts from Fiat ?

yes, I think it is possibly a Fiat one that Suzuki use. I managed to get my phone down in the engine bay to get a photo of the compressor label and found these details on the label:

Denso 10sre13c XI447280-2400

I have Googled it and can find a reconditioned compressor online for about 80 Euros so may go for that as there is no sign of a coil being available separately. Maybe i'll try local breakers yards for a compressor as suggested as well.

Thanks for your help

this is the broken one

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - edlithgow

Maybe look inside a Suzuki SX4 S-Cross in a scrapyard?

Maybe look inside a Suzuki SX4 S-Cross in a scrapyard?

yes, I think it is possibly a Fiat one that Suzuki use. I managed to get my phone down in the engine bay to get a photo of the compressor label and found these details on the label:

Denso 10sre13c XI447280-2400

I have Googled it and can find a reconditioned compressor online for about 80 Euros so may go for that as there is no sign of a coil being available separately. Maybe i'll try local breakers yards for a compressor as suggested as well.

Thanks for your help

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - bathtub tom

This may or not help, but I think you'll find Denso's a Japanese company:

"After becoming independent from Toyota Motor, the company was founded as Nippon Denso Co. Ltd. (????????, Nippon Denso Kabushiki-Gaisha) in 1949. About 25% of the company is owned by Toyota."

Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - elekie&a/c doctor
I would be inclined to get the pump off the car before you commit to any replacement parts . It’s possible the main front hub bearing has collapsed and the pulley has cut through the magnetic coil wiring . That’s why it’s open circuit.
Suzuki SX4 S-Cross - Unicorn parts - where can I source A/C coil ? - Crickleymal

Have you tried Partsouk? You need your VIN but they seem to have itemised drawing for just about everything.