What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
MB eqs - Mercedes - elekie&a/c doctor
Just returned from a short trip to Germany. While I was there , thought I’d take a look in the swish MB showroom. Brand new 2022 Eqs full electric on display. Sales person asked if would like to take a seat in side . Opened the door, and ground to a halt . Couldn’t get in , the roof line is so low , no way was it an easy entry . I’m only 6ft tall, so no giant . Inside , the dash looks like a games console . £100 k ,? I think I’ll pass on this model .
MB eqs - Mercedes - badbusdriver

I'm surprised at the space issue, I was reading the Car Magazine road test of it at lunchtime today. The article was done by their German editor Georg Kacher (he is about 6'8"), who drove the car 300 miles through Switzerland. He did comment that rear headroom was compromised, but no mention of problems in (or getting in) the front. He was pretty impressed with the car on the whole save for brakes lacking in feel, an overly complex infotainment interface, and also the S Class has better ride comfort.

MB eqs - Mercedes - JonestHon

Technology for Technology sake.

MB eqs - Mercedes - mcb100
Two things come to mind - was the seat in a raised position. I, rather painfully, cracked the side of my head getting into a car I’m very familiar with simply because someone had left the seat in its highest position.
Being in Germany, I’m assuming it was wrong hand drive? Lots of years of muscle memory getting in left leg first mean getting in right leg first can feel clumsy and awkward.
MB eqs - Mercedes - elekie&a/c doctor

Most definitely wrong hand drive. The seat controls are in the door ,even on the lowest setting, the A post has a very acute slope . I was very aware that my head would not clear the roof without careful body movement. Perhaps its an age related problem.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 17/11/2021 at 22:26

MB eqs - Mercedes - Brit_in_Germany

Head first or butt first?

MB eqs - Mercedes - Sofa Spud
Two things come to mind - was the seat in a raised position. I, rather painfully, cracked the side of my head getting into a car I’m very familiar with simply because someone had left the seat in its highest position. Being in Germany, I’m assuming it was wrong hand drive? Lots of years of muscle memory getting in left leg first mean getting in right leg first can feel clumsy and awkward.

But we're all used to getting into the front passenger seat of right-hand-drive cars, so I don't think muscle memory has much to do with it!

MB eqs - Mercedes - alan1302
Two things come to mind - was the seat in a raised position. I, rather painfully, cracked the side of my head getting into a car I’m very familiar with simply because someone had left the seat in its highest position. Being in Germany, I’m assuming it was wrong hand drive? Lots of years of muscle memory getting in left leg first mean getting in right leg first can feel clumsy and awkward.

But we're all used to getting into the front passenger seat of right-hand-drive cars, so I don't think muscle memory has much to do with it!

Not all of us - very rarely do I sit in the passenger seat and I always find it all a bit odd.