What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - oldroverboy.

Neighbours daughter had car serviced and spark plugs were changed.

Running rough, so neighbour investigated.

Sparkplugs had not been tightened up.

Garage deny all responsibility!

Neighbour also changed rear offside wheel bearing, where daughter had been told it was a new gearbox required.

Glad i don't go there!

Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - nick62

No excuse, but I bet their fitters are only earning about £10/hr?

Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - nellyjak

Precisely why I stick to my tried and trusted garage who I've been dealing with for 10 years or more.

Never received less than good honest knowledgeable advice and service..and all at reasonable cost.

Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - oldroverboy.

The usual thing, Methinks, a youngish woman going into a Garage and being lied too.

I think thay daddy is doing something about it!

Edited by oldroverboy. on 27/08/2019 at 20:46

Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - focussed

It just sounds like the usual carelessness - too bothered about discussing the football etc.

When I had an engine workshop and two or three of us were working on a 7 or 10 litre six, we all had our own colour makers, ball pen metal markers, different colour for each of us, so it avoided the "I thought Fred had torqued that up so I didn't bother" situation. And if anything was left loose or stripped, I knew who it was who did it.

I still do it today working on my motorbikes, I use a white Tippex marker pen, go in the workshop, do a couple of hours, come back the next day and you know what's tight and what isn't.

Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - bathtub tom

Daughter, at a sevrice, was told she needed new rear disc pads on her '15 reg car, 30K car, she went ahead and said do it.

MOT next day said she needed a new rear wheel bearing!

Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - craig-pd130

Daughter, at a sevrice, was told she needed new rear disc pads on her '15 reg car, 30K car, she went ahead and said do it.

MOT next day said she needed a new rear wheel bearing!

We're lucky round here, there's a place that just does MOTs and no other work. So I simply take our older car for its test and he advises on the condition of the chassis components and brakes. Then the car gets what it needs when serviced by our local indie.

Ford Mondeo - Spark plugs - craig-pd130

No excuses for such sloppiness, is there?

Although I believe the Mondeo engines still use those 'orrible taper-seat plugs, but all that's needed to fit them correctly is an accurate torque wrench to ensure they get seated snugly.