What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Arnold Clark Warranty - fault with car - Claire Mack

Hi, we purchased a 64 plate Ford Focus with Arnold Clark just over three months ago., did not pay for extended warranty and Arnold Clark does 2 months as standard.

Yesterday the car would not go into gear, we asked a friend who is a mechanic to take a look and he says the fault is the clutch slave cylinder.

I have looked online and under the sale of goods act any cars under 6 months of purchase the dealer should repair as onus is on them to say fault was not there when purchased.

Can I ask if you think that this fault would be covered by this or be seen as wear and tear and it anyone has had any dealing with Arnold clark regading the 6 months and warranty? Thanks in advance

Ford Focus - Arnold Clark Warranty - fault with car - dac1

I don't know the legal technicalities so can't help there.
The slave cylinder went on my 2006 Focus - nice to know Ford have fixed that problem on a eight year younger car.
Whether you have to pay for the repair or AC do, I would think about replacing the clutch too. A LUK clutch kit is around £100. Replacing the slave cylinder and the clutch at the same time could be an idea as it's the labour that costs the money.

Keep us informed on this as I've heard similar problems when using AC.