Focus 2015 - OSF tyre worn on edge. NSF fine. - J0HNuk

When I've had tyres wear on the inside or outside before, they've always been the same (more or less) on both front tyres. This time, just one is worn. NSF is fine.
OSF has the edge severely worn, really flat, not rounded. If you imagine the tyre on a lathe, it looks like it would if you took the edge off with a tool. Maybe I should take a photo.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this? Tracking I assume would wear both tyres, bearings would be more patchy, less uniform, and not on the every corner. I'm pretty sure the tyre isn't catching anything, or I'd hear it.

Would incorrect camber angle cause this?

Focus 2015 - OSF tyre worn on edge. NSF fine. - Oli rag

Could be a bent wishbone or tie rod.

Focus 2015 - OSF tyre worn on edge. NSF fine. - Peter.N.

.. or a faulty tyre.

Focus 2015 - OSF tyre worn on edge. NSF fine. - J0HNuk

Thanks for the answers.
I'll look for anything obvious over the weekend. I'm thinking wishbone area, I just hope it's not too expensive.

Focus 2015 - OSF tyre worn on edge. NSF fine. - 3uga

This problem apears to be something that i experienced on a new car after using it for 8700km. It is something that is done to keep the car straight on road while not using any steering force to do so because roads usualy are taller to the center and go down at an angle to the side of the road.
Usualy the front tire that is closest to the side of the road(depending whether is is lef side drive or right side drive) will have a small permanent steer angle to the center of the road.
It's a trick that I hate but its used by crappy dealers and garages.
Even a new car won't stay straight on the road if the road platform is tilted and experienced drivers will know that, but if you mention this as a problem while the car is under waranty, this is how they resolve it.

Edited by 3uga on 24/05/2019 at 20:45

Focus 2015 - OSF tyre worn on edge. NSF fine. - bathtub tom

I had a Dunlop tyre that was wearing an outside edge and having the tracking checked, showed no problem. Fortunately the guy doing it could clearly see there was a problem and removed the wheel. Found the tyre had de-laminated around the edge, causing it to be 'wedge' shaped.

Tyre was sent back to Dunlop, who claimed there was no problem! Suffice to say I ain't bought Dunlop tyres for the last forty-odd years!