What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Faulty clutch and fly wheel ford focus - Mike_Rogers
i, please help!!

I have a 2018 Ford Focus titAnium 1.0 Ecoboost. MA18ZHU.

It’s ten months old and done 10000 miles. I’ve had three ford focus’ previously to this with no issues. I had to pull over the other day as had a bad burning smell The clutch went stiff. Ford have assessed it and are stating that it’s wear and tear!! After 10000 miles!! They’ve quoted me £1100 to repair it and aren’t budging even though I’ve told them I have definitely not been riding the clutch.

I’ve seen loads of stories on these forums and all over the internet with people having the same issue. Surely they can’t get away with this and it should be fixed under the warranty?
Ford Focus - Faulty clutch and fly wheel ford focus - Palcouk

Various reports in Honest John Answers it appears to involve haveing the repair done and inisting on all parts been returned in order thatt they can be examined to determine if there was a slave cylinder leak, and if so its a warranty repair. (You would need to put that in writting, and for the dealer to acknowlege the request)