What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
SAIC Riccardo -Wikipedia - Rover K series Kavachi - oldroverboy.

The Kavachi engine was developed by SAIC Motor, based on a re-engineering of the Rover K-series engine.[1] It is used in Roeweand MG Motor vehicles.

The 1796cc Kavachi engine is produced in two versions, a naturally aspirated producing 98 kW (131 bhp; 133 PS) at 6,000 rpm and 168 N⋅m (124 lb⋅ft) @ 4,500 rpm, and a turbocharged version producing 118 kW (158 bhp) at 5,500 rpm and 215 N⋅m (159 lb⋅ft) of torque from 2,500 to 4,500 rpm. It is Drive-by-wire.

UK engineering firm Ricardo plc were tasked with remedying the well known faults of the K series by SAIC Motor for its introduction into the Chinese marketplace. With a redesigned head and case, as well as changing the manufacturing process and quality of material, the Kavachi is seen as the pinnacle of K-series development. As of 2015, with more than half a decade in the market, there have been no reported issues of head gasket failure on cars using the Kavachi engine.

SAIC Riccardo -Wikipedia - Rover K series Kavachi - oldroverboy.

Follow on thread after 0ldrover25 smiles

SAIC Riccardo -Wikipedia - Rover K series Kavachi - SLO76
A robust engine but sadly past its prime by the time this updated version appeared. Emissions were too high and fuel economy poor compared to rivals. Never heard of any issues with them but then there aren’t many around here despite having an MG dealer on my doorstop. I’d quite like one as an interesting cheap runner though.
SAIC Riccardo -Wikipedia - Rover K series Kavachi - Andrew-T
.... there aren’t many around here despite having an MG dealer on my doorstop. ....

Nice typo there, SLO ... :-)

SAIC Riccardo -Wikipedia - Rover K series Kavachi - SLO76
.... there aren’t many around here despite having an MG dealer on my doorstop. ....

Nice typo there, SLO ... :-)

Darn predictive text nonsense.