What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Getting incorrect MOT advisories deleted - SteveLee

At my last MOT I got an advisory "Front brake pad(s) wearing thin" which did surprise me as I check them when I rotate the tyres every 10K and I’m not a heavy braker – so, against my instinct, I trusted the tester's discretion and bought a set of pads (Eurocarparts 50% off sale - woohoo!) and set about changing them, it transpired the pads were only one-third worn. So I've got an advisory on the MOT history that makes it look like the car isn't maintained correctly (I never let pads wear down past their last 20%) can I get this advisory removed? Is there a process to cover this? The standard MOT appeal process states it’s to report cars that passed and shouldn’t have or ones that failed and should have passed, neither case covers my issue - not terrible in the big scheme of things – I know, however, as most half sane people check the MOT history of vehicles they buy, I like to keep my MOT histories squeaky clean by keeping on top of maintenance.

Getting incorrect MOT advisories deleted - Wee Willie Winkie

In short, no.

Getting incorrect MOT advisories deleted - Gibbo_Wirral

I wouldn't worry. Every time I get an advisory I normally do the work within a few weeks.

Its always looked good when I've come to sell the car on that I've dealt with the issue immediately and generally cared for the car by showing the MOT and the receipt for the part.