What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - Detomaso

I have today purchased a 2006 Honda Crv Executive with Bridgestone tyres fitted I have attempted to find the correct tyre pressures but they range from 26 to 32psi. Could anyone offer me the correct pressures many thanks.

Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - Cyd

Have you checked the handbook? or the tyre pressure label on the car?

Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - focussed

The tyre pressures on UK Hondas are on a sticker on the driver's door shut.

There will be variations in the pressure according to the load condition of the car.

Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - Mike H

There will be variations in the pressure according to the load condition of the car.

Not necessarily different pressures under load, our 2015 CR-V has the stickers on the door shut, but the pressures remain the same under full load.

Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - focussed

Not necessarily different pressures under load, our 2015 CR-V has the stickers on the door shut, but the pressures remain the same under full load.

I'm surprised at that- usually the rear pressures should be increased if full load is carried on any vehicle.

Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - RT

I'm surprised at that- usually the rear pressures should be increased if full load is carried on any vehicle.

There's a number of SUVs where that's not the case

So was I, I have never had a previous car in 45 years where the pressures didn't need increasing. To be honest, I normally stick an extra couple of psi in when we load up the boot and set off on the autobahn through Germany.

Perhaps it's to do with the 102 load rating of the tyres, never had any over 94 before.

Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - concrete

Hello Mike H, is your CR-V a diesel or petrol? Considering one for towing my caravan but have almost decided on diesel for the torque at lower revs, just wondering what the 1.6 Honda unit is like.

Cheers Concrete

Hello Mike H, is your CR-V a diesel or petrol? Considering one for towing my caravan but have almost decided on diesel for the torque at lower revs, just wondering what the 1.6 Honda unit is like.

Cheers Concrete

It's a 1.6 120bhp 2WD. To be honest, it was a fairly short notice descision to go for this type of car. We needed reliabilty, and two of our friends had older CR-Vs and recommended them. It has good torque with no big step at the bottom end, unlike the 110bhp VW Golf Sportsvan we test drove, which was smooth, but had nothing at lower revs. The 4WD CR-V has a 160bhp version of the same engine with twin turbo.

It's a smooth engine, feels good on the road, and has returned a real overall 52mpg since new (now has c. 12,000 on the clock). We live in Austria, and although most of our driving is on the relative flat, it does need a bit of stick-stirring on the more hilly bits to keep it on the boil. If you were towing a caravan, you might be better off with the more powerful version, although our friends are only getting around 42mpg long term average from theirs. I've posted a review in "Owners Reviews" under the same name as I post here (but we've got over the seat problems and it's actually very comfortable on long journeys, and feels nicely pokey on the motorway). Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

Honda CRV Executive Diesel 2006 - Tyre Pressures - Detomaso

Hi Thanks for the info. There is no sticker anywhere on any of the door shuts and I don't have the handbook hence my request. Perhaps I should have been a little clearer when asking for help.