What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Evoblade, Motorcycle - Register,Tax, MOT - shane45

I have a motorbike that was first registered in the UK in 2003, In 2005 I moved to Spain and took the motorcycle with me, to comply with Spanish Law the motorbike was re-registered in Spain and given spanish plates, ie Import tax paid, V5 handed over to the spanish Gestoria, and now have all legal docs in Spanish.

I now have moved back to the UK 2016, and the motorcycle has come back too,

The UK Plate / motorcycle details are still visible on the DVLA website,

a, can I get the bike MOT'd as the spanish ITV has expired.

b, once MOT has been done can I then tax the bike.

or do I have to go through the HMRC / DVLA Process of re-registration

many thanks

Honda Evoblade, Motorcycle - Register,Tax, MOT - RobJP

Did you ever inform DVLA that you were exporting the motorbike ? There was a section on the V5 for this.

Honda Evoblade, Motorcycle - Register,Tax, MOT - focussed

No-he's importing it - what happened when he exported it has no bearing.

Yes, but if he never informed them that he exported it, then they will be wondering why it's been off the road all this time, and yet not SORNed.

No I didn't, I wasn't sure if the bike was going to stay in Spain or not, as I was working in Iraq,

When the Traffico started hitting ex pats, I decided to comply with Spanish law and got an Gestoria to sort if for me, it took a year believe it or not. anyway he took a part of the V5 , now did he send it to DVLA or not ? I really don't know.

My bike details are still on the DVLA site,

I think you need to call DVLA, discuss the situation, and find out if it was ever listed as exported. They will then tell you what you need to do to get it back on the road here.

I think you may be right there Rob, the only problem with that is if the gestoria didn't return the V5 slip to DVLA and register it as being imported I could owe 10years of back tax for not putting a SORN on it. :(

But yes that could be the way to go

thanks