Ford Zetec. 1.4 Petrol. 3 door. 2004 year. - Alternator Belt replacement. - otter valley

Fords have just conducted MOT and full service on my car with no major problems.

However in the Advisory part of their report they state that the Alternator Belt may need looking at later in the year. May 2016 to be procise.

My records show that in January and February 2015 the belts were changed on the car. Detail below|:

January 2015 was quote: Renew Auxilary drive belt due to being noisey.

Febuary 2015 was quote: Replaced cam-belt. Kit: timing Belt. Kit: Drive Belts. One of each replaced.

Mileage between service in Feb 2015 and Feb 2016 was: 6960.

My question is, do you think it reasonable that the alternator belt might be wearing after that mileage?

Thank you. Wait to hear.

Ford Zetec. 1.4 Petrol. 3 door. 2004 year. - Alternator Belt replacement. - elekie&a/c doctor

Poly-vee drive belts can easily do 100k miles with no problem.If the belt is showing signs of wear or decay,then there could be oil contamination or running out of alignment.They must have some pretty clever technicians if they are able to predict future failures with an exact date?

Ford Zetec. 1.4 Petrol. 3 door. 2004 year. - Alternator Belt replacement. - otter valley

Thanks for the advice. I thought it was odd. They have given the car a full service. Personally I think they are trying it on. Not unknown in my experience. It is a Ford Service dealer and they use all their own parts.

I have certainly not noticed anything untoward when driving the car, and their are no oil leaks.

Thanks again.