What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford fiesta 1999, new coil pack, new spark plugs - Ford fiesta 1999 MK4 will now not start, No spark - GQ-Uploader

My ford fiesta 1999 MK4 will now not start. i had a look at the engine and there was no spark, then had a look at the coil pack big crack.

So i replaced the coil pack and the park plugs. there is sit no spark, coil pack, leads and spark plugs all fine and tested.

if you have any suggestion please let me know.

Ford fiesta 1999, new coil pack, new spark plugs - Ford fiesta 1999 MK4 will now not start, No spark - hardway

Man this takes me back...

1st thought would be a faulty Crank shaft sensor,

if fitted,

you want any more accuracy I need the engine size at least!!

Or preferably the full VIN.

Ford fiesta 1999, new coil pack, new spark plugs - Ford fiesta 1999 MK4 will now not start, No spark - elekie&a/c doctor

A large crack in the coil pack could have caused a short to earth on the metal bracket.Check the fuses in the engine bay fusebox.

Ford fiesta 1999, new coil pack, new spark plugs - Ford fiesta 1999 MK4 will now not start, No spark - GQ-Uploader

thank you but none have blowen

zetec 16v 1.25

sorry but not show desplaying number

Ford fiesta 1999, new coil pack, new spark plugs - Ford fiesta 1999 MK4 will now not start, No spark - hardway

That's fine engine size gives me the ECU pin out details.

pins you want are 21 and 22,

both on black wires,

And on a multi meter when idleing they should read 2 V ac and switching at 1ms,

Granted yours wont actually start but there has to be a crank signal or the ECU doesn't even know the engine is spinning over!

Another check would be the fuel pump,

is it priming when you crank it?

No buzz from the pump would take me back to suspect CAS fault.

or the rev counter,

it has to register something when cranking,

again no rev counter signal means no CAS signal.