What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Ford fiesta indicator/wiper stick replacement - SamN

Hi ive recently purchased a ford fiesta 1.3 T reg 1999 and problems already. Driving along the dash and rear lights went out, had the car looked at and was told that it was a switch on the stick. SO i took it back to the guy i brought it from as id only had it 2 days and he replaced one for the time being only thing is that i now have rear lights/dash and wipers but no indicators!! He was meant to call me back when he has another part but im not holding my breath. Ive seen the part on ebay but apparently there are two types one with 10 pins and one with 11?? if i purchase the wrong part then it will blow my wiper fuse. How do i know which one to buy?? And also the fuel comsumption seems remarkably high for a 1.3? think im only getting around 30ish MPG any ideas and help would be great

Thanks

Ford Fiesta - Ford fiesta indicator/wiper stick replacement - elekie&a/c doctor

When the stalk switch was changed,did the guy swap out the flasher relay that clips into the back of the switch.This will stop the indicators working.The only way to check if the correct switch is fitted,is to check the part # on the label.As for 30 mpg,this is an old fashioned engine and possibly is lacking in maintenance.Perhaps you should get a small sevice carried out.hth

ah he did say he would check a relay switch, but im no mechanic, also how do i find out the correct part number i have no manual with the car

i have found a serial number on the top cover i removed was something like 96 FG 3520? not 100% as im currently away from home but was something like.. am hoping this is the part number and then i can change it over..Also would the poor MPG be due to the cold weather we have recently had and i dont do great distances each time