What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2004 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Ghia Sci - Exhaust Temperature Sensor - MaurH

I have a Mondeo 1.8 Ghia with an Sci engine and the engine management light is on. The fault code identifies it as an 'Exhaust Temperature Sensor' by the garage. It was assumed by my mechanic that it was probably located as part of the EGR unit, but when he asked the question when he was ordering the part, they didn't know. He phoned the service dept of the local main Ford dealer but they said they had never worked on this Sci engine and couldn't answer the question....it could be in the EGR unit or one of the two Lamda sensors on the cat????

So.... can anyone please tell me where this sensor is located on this model as no one seems to know? I'd be really grateful for any help.

Thanks

MaurH

2004 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Ghia Sci - Exhaust Temperature Sensor - elekie&a/c doctor

The exhaust temp sensor is located under the car,downstream of the second cat.I think there are 2 cats on this model and 3 lambda sensors.This car has a high pressure fuel injection system similar to VW Fsi .hth

2004 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Ghia Sci - Exhaust Temperature Sensor - MaurH

Thank you so much for this information, I have passed it on to my mechanic. The car does have two sensors close to the cat, one of which is diferent from the standard and he suspected it was this one....it's probably the most expensive too :) and it does have the high pressure fuel injection system.

This car has been a real headache!! I thought I was buying a standard Mondeo, but I was wrong. Being a Ghia it is a high spec car and has 6 gears and whilst it drives very well on the motorway in 6th gear, in town in low gear it's not a easy drive. I'm also finding that it's expensive to repair and expensive to run...it does about 29 mpg!! and for a model that was designed to be more fuel effecient, I think Ford got it wrong in this case....maybe this is why there are not many of them around!

Anyway thank you once again for your reply, it is appreciated.

MaurH

2004 Ford Mondeo 1.8 Ghia Sci - Exhaust Temperature Sensor - bucca

hi had a ghia x model lovely car had it for 5 years got rid of last august due to oil leak where engine meets gear box, your 29 mpg is exactly the same as i got with my estate even when i drove like a saint in middle of summer i could only get 31 on my daily drive to work 37 is poss on motorway. there is a common problem with EGR valve and got mine replaced under warranty along with a catalogue of other faults!!if i had to pay i would not be impressed