What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - drag100n

Just seeking advice,having 10 litres of diesel in the car,by mistake I filled it with 4.5 litres of petrol.On realising my error the rest of the tank was filled with diesel...35 litres

Will this cause problems to my vehicle

Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - unthrottled

Should be ok.

This might be one of those times when adding a lubricity enhancer (2SO) or something similar might be a good idea.

Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - Paul87

do you have a DPF? I was under the impresson petrol is not good for it?

Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - Collos25

You will not even notice will not do any harm.

Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - madf

Add 1 litre of two stroke oil..... For the sake of a £5, help save your fuel pump and injectors..

(Been there)

Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - drag100n

thanks for the advice I just added a litre of two stroke oil

Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - Cyd

The fuel pump is in danger of being severly damaged. In some modern cars even 5% petrol in diesel can wreck pumps.

If you can, syphon as much out as you can store and refill with diesel asap. Use up what you store a gallon at a time.

The two stroke oil might work too. Petrol reduces the lubricity of the diesel, which is critical to lube the pump seals. The petrol also attacks the seals in many vehicles.

Ford Focus 1.8 tdi - Just put petrol into my diesel car - unthrottled

If it is a tddi, it uses a relatively low pressure pump which is more tolerent of misfuelling than a high pressure TDCI (common rail) engine. I'm assuming it's the former.