What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford focus zetec 1999 - left rear fog light and tail light not working - plav

The left rear fog light, tail light, parking light does not work on my focus. I have cahnged bulbs but still no joy. Is this a wiring fault? fuse fault or is this done on purpose as we drive on the left in the UK?

ford focus zetec 1999 - left rear fog light and tail light not working - Armitage Shanks {p}

Next thing is to check the fuse. Location of fusebox and fuse number are listed in the handbook. If the fuse has blown it is worth wondering why it did. It is a protection mechanism and it failed due to a fault and to protect the circuit from electrical overlaod

ford focus zetec 1999 - left rear fog light and tail light not working - Bobbin Threadbare

The bust fog light is something I could never fix on my old Focus; the housing fills up with water and it seems to be a common complaint. You can get some tape or some sort of goo from Halfords to make a new seal.

On a Mk I Focus I believe the fusebox is behind the glove compartment, so you've got to take that out to get at it. Your manual should tell you which fuse belongs to which lights - the central locking fuse etc is in there too....7.5A fuse IIRC!

ford focus zetec 1999 - left rear fog light and tail light not working - AndyT

I didn't think the Focus had a left rear fog lamp, isn't the reversing light on the left, and the fog on the right?

As for the tail light, sometimes the plug and socket on rear lamp units can corrode, causing various lighting faults. Worth checking to see if the connections need a quick rub, and spray with WD40 etc.

ford focus zetec 1999 - left rear fog light and tail light not working - tim50stroud

Do the connections to the fog / reverse light lamp holder just pull off or are they more subtle?! Got the half full of water problem, and I'm trying to clean the lampholder before replacing the lamps and silicon sealing the holder to the unit

ford focus zetec 1999 - left rear fog light and tail light not working - jamie745

I'm pretty sure the first Focus didn't have a foglight on the rear passenger side.