What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
webuyanycar-valuations? - Gotanoldhondar

Looking to move my 2009 Honda accord on hassle free ,so had an online valuation which came as a bit of a shock for me at £8025.The car is a diesel auto with leather,satnav and full Honda service history, did declare a few scratches to them which are minor ,so the close up valuation would probably be closer to £7000.

I realize it is a business who work on margins but are people really this daft, there are a few on autotrader close to mine at £11-12k which would leave a nice margin,it would seem they are more suited to the shed end of the market,i however will not be requiring their services.

webuyanycar-valuations? - RT

I've heard of several people who were very pleased with their valuation and the selling process - they all make the point that the owner's description has to be 100% thorough and meticulous with absolutely nothing undeclared because the inspection will be complete.

But perhaps they were simply realistic about how much a car is worth when sold - very different to it's value when bought.

Used car dealers often allow extra margin in cars they're selling to allow for customers who negotiate hard but also to give ego-boosting p/x valuations. Dealers also have to cover SoGA liability costs and preparation costs.

Whether selling your car, either trade or private, the price will always be lower as you've no ongoing cost liability once the deal is done.

webuyanycar-valuations? - Ethan Edwards

You'd be even more shocked if you took your car there. They will keep you waiting around for several hours (psycological conditioning) then reduce the price still further for some invisible 'major fault' they have apparrently as if by magic just discovered. I reckon they'd probably try to fob you off with slightly over six.

More fool you if you took them up on it.

Sharks.

Edited by Ethan Edwards on 06/08/2012 at 14:59

webuyanycar-valuations? - dacouch

For a laugh check out the reviews they leave for themselves on this review site, virtually all five star and name checking themselves, against the law tut tut.

For some more unbiased reviews you have to go back about a year to see the more balanced reviews.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews169436.html

webuyanycar-valuations? - focussed

For a laugh check out the reviews they leave for themselves on this review site, virtually all five star and name checking themselves, against the law tut tut.

For some more unbiased reviews you have to go back about a year to see the more balanced reviews.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews169436.html

It's pretty much obvious from the sheer volume of positive reviews that use the same words-"hassle free+excellent etc (check it out for yourselves) that the authors are none other than themselves!. If so could be fraudulent?( misrepresentation?)

The directors of webuyanycar are serial collectors of directorships:-

Director 1 = director of 36 companies

Director 2 =director of 39 companies

Director 3 director of 38 companies

Form your own conclusions.

webuyanycar-valuations? - dacouch

Posing as a satisfied customer is against the law under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading under this specific sub rule

"18. A wolf in sheep’s clothing

Falsely claiming or creating the impression that the

trader is not acting for purposes relating to his/her trade,

business, craft or profession, or falsely representing

oneself as a consumer."

tinyurl.com/ceyjbg8

webuyanycar-valuations? - tony g
(Looking to move my 2009 Honda accord on hassle free ,so had an online valuation which came as a bit of a shock for me at £8025)

Hi all,no ones mentioned the effect ,that the state of the economy is having on used car pricing . I buy and sell a few cars and I'm finding that the only real demand is in bangers .To explain ,I have a mercedes e270 CDi in silver ,2004 with 70 k and good history for sale at £6750 ,no serious enquiries from multiple adds on auto trader.At that price it's one of the cheapest of its type in the country .

Last week I sold a part exchange vw sharan td 2001. 120,000 miles ,no tax no test,described on e bay as a dirty car with multiple scrapes and scuffs and with a probable clutch problem .it sold on e bay for £1020 ,I valued it at £200 ? I guesstimated it would cost about £1000 to make a half decent runner out of the car.

It seems that thier is so little money around that the only substantial demand is for bangers .

Pretty depressing from my perspective ,it's difficult to generate much enthusiasm for selling scrap cars ,that I wouldn't drive myself ,but then is it just me ?

Tony g
webuyanycar-valuations? - Bobbin Threadbare

You never know what you're going to get from webuyanycar.....I ran a car I am currently trying to sell through their site and they offered me what was a quite frankly insulting sum for it. I've had valuations for p/x and sale which were three times the price wbac offered. Yet, offloading a relative's car netted about £3.5k (for a 5 year old Citroen, I might add!)

webuyanycar-valuations? - Gotanoldhondar

As i thought then run by fly by night directors,with ridiculous valuations given on cars that are clearly worth more to all but the folk in denial.

Interesting info there honestjohn thanks for that ,it seems a fair price may be possible.

webuyanycar-valuations? - pd

WBAC are a division of Carcraft.

Carcraft in turn have a long standing contract with BCA (in fact, I think WBAC might have originally been a joint project with BCA) and the vast majority of cars which go to WBAC get auctioned off at BCA under CCTrade or UKCarGroup banners. In the case of one main WBAC centre it is next door to BCA so they literally get driven (or pushed!) around the corner into the auction hall.

They also send a few to Manheim and Aston Barclay.

Most of their cars are pretty awful - frequently with major faults including knocking engines on many examples.

webuyanycar-valuations? - bonzo dog

Most of their cars are pretty awful - frequently with major faults including knocking engines on many examples.

These are the cars of course, that private sellers wish to off-load with no questions asked as to the number & seriousness of the faults that lurk under the bonnet; hence they look to WBAC & other such guaranteed buyers.

So it should be no surprise that WBAC are not going to offer retail-book or anything similar.