What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz - Gearbox noise in neutral (input shaft bearing?) - BournemouthBelle

2005, 52000 miles - lovingly cared for... dreadful noise in neutral, having now seen previous posts am guessing it's Input Shaft Bearing problem. Are others having this problem - have you found solutions? Are dealers being helpful as previous posts say some dealers have repaired under extended warranty? Any recommendations for places to fix it? Does it need to be fixed immediately? Any help/advice much appreciated!

Honda Jazz - Gearbox noise in neutral (input shaft bearing?) - Peter.N.
If it stops when you depress the clutch it will either be the input shaft or layshaft bearings. To fix it means removing the gearbox so not cheap. Providing the gearbox has plenty of oil and it doesn't sound as though its about to break up it will be OK to drive. I don't know this particular car although I have heard reference to this problem, but on most carsthey can go on running whith noisy bearings for many thousands of miles.

Thanks for that - Update!

Went to my Honda Dealer and it is the infamous Input Shaft Bearing :-( Good news is that there is indeed, as per previous posts, an extended 7 year warranty to cover this problem...

Bad news - my car was registered 7 years and 3 DAYS AGO!!! Matter is now being referred to Honda UK for their decision - let's hope that the famous Honda customer service comes to my rescue. As the warranty was 7 years/100000 miles, and my car has only just done over 50000 I am hoping that they might cover the repairs.

Wouldn't have know about any of this if it wasn't for the previous threads - so thanks!

Honda Jazz - Gearbox noise in neutral (input shaft bearing?) - Peter.N.
Presumably it was more than three days ago that you noticed the problem, I wouldn't think they would be that pedantic - although you never know.

Latest News!

After unsatisfactory conversation with Honda Customer Service call centre, was put through to a lovely lady at Honda UK.

She has liaised with local Honda Garage and the problem is being sorted next week. Honda UK & Honda Poole are covering most of the cost. THANKS to both for good customer service!!

Thanks to HonestJohn for highlighting this issue and giving me the tools to argue my case.