What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz or Hyundai i10 - Wifes next Car - Von Ryan

My wife is torn between a 2007 1.4 SE Jazz (20k miles) and a 2009 i10 Comfort (24k miles). She does a daily commute of 40 miles (A roads). She thinks the i10's boot is too small for the weekly shop, I told he just to drop the back seat down!. Can someone please help with some advice, she won't listern to me.

Cheers

Pete

Honda Jazz or Hyundai i10 - Wifes next Car - bear807
This is a hard choice, first of all do you drive the car? Assuming an 09 i10 will be somewhere between 4.5-6k the jazz is around the same too, the jazz is averaging around 4k miles per years, which is pretty low, it might be own by oldies or done mostly school runs. If you get i10 I think you still get 9 months left warrenty. For long run I think i10 will be easier on fuel, so far heard reliability is fine. Jazz is pretty rock solid too. It really depends how you think, of you double up jazz as your emergency second car, is more practical. When it comes to resale as long is proper maintain is easy to let go!
Honda Jazz or Hyundai i10 - Wifes next Car - daveyjp
Jazz. You won't need a warranty, but if it has a full Honda main dealer service history they are good at dealing with out of warranty claims.
Honda Jazz or Hyundai i10 - Wifes next Car - madf

Jazz will use more petrol And Honda servicing is NOT cheap.

Edited by madf on 10/07/2012 at 19:10

Thanks for all your input, wife still confused!

Honda Jazz or Hyundai i10 - Wifes next Car - KB.

I did add to the other i10 thread started by Avant on 9th July which has a little info. you might want to glance at.

Since starting the other thread, Avant hasn't been back to it despite replies having been made so I guess they weren't of sufficient value to acknowledge.

Honda Jazz or Hyundai i10 - Wifes next Car - bintang
The online "What Car?" has a facility for comparing up to three cars at a time, with numerous details. The cars don't have to be of the same make so you could try it for your own comparison.

My wife loves our i10 but to me it is a non-car. I only bought it because of an overwhelming deal and excellent experience of the dealer.

She has decided to go for the i10 - Cheeaper Tax etc and longer warranty.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Honda Jazz or Hyundai i10 - Wifes next Car - Avant

"Since starting the other thread, Avant hasn't been back to it despite replies having been made so I guess they weren't of sufficient value to acknowledge."

Far from it KB - they were very valuable and I have posted again now. I was waititng to see if there were any more suggestions: interestingly I posed the same question on another forum and it generated over 40 replies.