What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Nissan Primera 2.2TD P12 - ABS and Engine lights on - Badgey
I have a Nissan Primera 2.2TD 2005 P12 and I am hoping someone may be able to give me a bit of guidance.
A couple of days ago the ABS light came on and I booked the car into the garage for this weekend. Unfortunately now, I am not sure I will get it through to the weekend as there is also an engine fault code and it is losing power and I am having to restart the engine to get going again. The only way I can describe it is as though I am braking but I am not. Though it feels like more of a cut out than actual braking. When this happens, the speed drops to about 40 max and then gradually fades out to nothing until I am able to stop and turn off the ignition then start up again.

I am hoping the 2 faults are related but would really appreciate any advice or help on what could be causing this and how much it is likely to cost me. The car has 160,000 mileage and is due a MOT this month, I love it to bits but it's getting to the stage where I can't really afford to throw lots of money at it if it would be cheaper to replace

Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Edited by Badgey on 31/05/2012 at 17:34

Nissan Primera 2.2TD P12 - ABS and Engine lights on - elekie&a/c doctor

Carefully check the operation of the rear lights.Switch everything on at the back and make sure each light functions correctly with no interference from other lights.Poor earth pin on the connector blocks to the lamp clusters can cause issues with engine performance and possible abs malfunction.hth