What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
2004 Ford Fusion 2. 1.4 petrol. - Broken rear wheel stud. - yoslice55

Hi everybody. New Subscriber.

How do Iremove the stud easily? And which Haynes workshop manual is suitable for the above car please, as there is no workshop manual available for the Fusion? Or, could I buy a CD workshop manual from somewhere?

2004 Ford Fusion 2. 1.4 petrol. - Broken rear wheel stud. - Peter.N.

I am assuming you mean one of the wheel bolts has broken off in the hub. Has it broken off flush or is there a bit sticking out?

I am assuming you mean one of the wheel bolts has broken off in the hub. Has it broken off flush or is there a bit sticking out?

Thanks for replying so quickly. Yes it's broken off in the hub, and there is a bit sticking out. Cheers for your help, and glad to be a member.

If its a bolt you could try undoing the stub with a pair of molegrips, if its really stubborn find a nut that will just slide over it or screw onto it if the thread is OK and weld it on through the middle of the nut, that will give you some purchase on on it, the heat can also loosen it.

2004 Ford Fusion 2. 1.4 petrol. - Broken rear wheel stud. - Chris M

The Haynes Fiesta manual covers most of the Fusion mechanical components.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have a look at getting one. Cheers for the help.

2004 Ford Fusion 2. 1.4 petrol. - Broken rear wheel stud. - Oli rag

They are normally just splined into the hub. A good belt with a hammer should force it out the back.

2004 Ford Fusion 2. 1.4 petrol. - Broken rear wheel stud. - bathtub tom

Oli, we haven't discovered if it's a stud or a bolt yet.

If its a bolt you could try undoing the stub with a pair of molegrips, if its really stubborn find a nut that will just slide over it or screw onto it if the thread is OK and weld it on through the middle of the nut, that will give you some purchase on on it, the heat can also loosen it.

Thanks for your help Peter.N. A little help from one of my mates and we've done it. All working OK. Cheers.

Oli, we haven't discovered if it's a stud or a bolt yet.

Thanks for your help bathtub tom. A little help from one of my mates and we've done it. All working OK. Cheers.

They are normally just splined into the hub. A good belt with a hammer should force it out the back.

Thanks for your help Oli rag. A little help from one of my mates and we've done it. All working OK. Cheers.

Thanks for your help Chris M. A little help from one of my mates and we've done it. All working OK. Cheers.