What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - Where do I stand if dealer cannot fix fault? - marcst1981

The car (03 plate fiesta, 62k miles, bought for £1950) was bought just over 2 months ago from a local dealer.

Since then it has been to the garage twice due to the EAC fail message flashing resulting in the car losing power and needing to be re-started.

I picked it up from it's second stint in the garage today and (surprise, surprise) the same problem arose tonight.

The garage appears to be at a loss to explain it, and say the next step would be to inspect the wiring.

However, where will I stand if they are actually unable/unwilling to repair it effectively?

Ford Fiesta - Where do I stand if dealer cannot fix fault? - Auristocrat
See http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/
Ford Fiesta - Where do I stand if dealer cannot fix fault? - marcst1981

thanks for the reply..I have seen lots of information of information relating to consumer rights relating to used cars but also numerous posts saying it's more difficult in practice than in theory which is I suppose what worries me.

Ford Fiesta - Where do I stand if dealer cannot fix fault? - Ravenger

In my experience the dealers don't understand the electronics in these modern cars. They just plug it and read off a fault code, and replace any indicated parts, and fail to test their fixes adequately.

I know this because I had the same thing happen on my C-Max - a week out of warranty.

The dealer replaced a sensor, and the same fault happened on the way home from the garage! It turned out to be a dodgy connection somewhere on the wiring loom. (After a lot of faffing about by the garage).In fact they never officially fixed it - just inspecting the wiring loom fixed the dodgy connection.