What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Jazz 2008 - faulty rear wiper /motor - vaules

Hello

My rear wiper was Ok but last Sunday when i went to use it the made a noise between a grind/wine. Thought it might be a bearing but as its a sealed unit did not check . Bought another from the breakers once fitted this also made the same fault . It possable that they are both faulty .

Has anyone had the same problem? search in the net but so far appears its only me ?

Thanks

Honda Jazz 2008 - faulty rear wiper /motor - piston power
2x exactly the same?

Are there any splines left in the wiper arm?
Honda Jazz 2008 - faulty rear wiper /motor - Tonto1

We had a 2006 Jazz and had exactly the same issue yuo describe when the car was 2 years old. The dealer supposedly replaced the rear wiper motor under warranty, but the noise was back within a week (suspect they just applied a bit of WD40 or similar).

The good news is that we ran the car (with the noise) for another 2 years, with no issues/MOT failures etc. So the problem was annoying, but did not get any worse or involve any costs.

Thanks

Thanks will check it out

Honda Jazz 2008 - faulty rear wiper /motor - cwam

I had exactly the same problem. The noise was horrific but I was reluctant to spend £150+ on a new motor so I took the old one out, had a look, and discovered that the noise was caused by a magnet coming loose in the electric motor. A wee bit of Araldite did the trick.

It's quite a simple job for anyone who is reasonably handy. All that's needed is a 10mm spanner, a number two philips screwdriver and some epoxy resin.

Go on. Give it a try!

CWAM

Honda Jazz 2008 - faulty rear wiper /motor - Douglas1400
I followed this tip and found exactly the same thing on a 56 plate Jazz. A bit of super glue and all was well. Honda you need to buy better glue!

D1400
Honda Jazz 2008 - faulty rear wiper /motor - gurner

The wiper motor on my '56 Jazz has just started making the same noise. Found this thread and followed your advice - another loose magnet!

Many thanks for sharing this simple fix!

Honda Jazz 2008 - faulty rear wiper /motor - mikesan

Same problem with 07 Jazz, really useful stuff, simple to fix.