What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Unwanted extras. - davecooper

I was looking at the specs for the new Audi A1 5 door (Sportline) on ths site yesterday as 5 door superminis are my current car of choice. I notice a trend as you go up the spec levels. The SE gives you 15" wheels and normal suspension. The Sport gives you 16" wheels and sports suspension while the top spec S Line gets sport suspension and 17" wheels. So if you want a good ride and high spec, you are screwed. Audi are not alone either, I have looked at a number of small cars where if you want leather, premium sound system, parking sensors, all round electric windows, climate control etc, which I do, you have to have rock hard suspension, privacy glass, sports body kit etc, which I don't.. Obviously the car companiies are not fools and they have done their research. These thigs are what people want. However, for me, such things put me off many cars.

Unwanted extras. - RT

They try to screw you on the alternative - ordering the lower trim with smaller wheels but then ticking virtually ALL the options to get the interior features you really want.

Unwanted extras. - Collos25

An option on our car list is the A6 any wheel size at no extra cost.