What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Volvo V70 - V70 - retro fit 7 seat option possibe? - Jase

Hi All,

Bit of a random question on behalf of a friend who is looking at V70 D5's circa yr2005.

Is it possible to retro fit the 7 seat option to cars without it?

Thanks!

Volvo V70 - V70 - retro fit 7 seat option possibe? - RT

There's a conversion kit on that famous online auction site.

Volvo V70 - V70 - retro fit 7 seat option possibe? - Sam49

My parents had the seats retro fitted a couple of times in the past with their Volvos - Volvo dealers did it - can't see why it wouldn't be possible any more.

Thanks both. Didn't twig to check eBay. Good to know.

Volvo V70 - V70 - retro fit 7 seat option possibe? - pd

It is possible and not actually very difficult. The main difference is that a factory conversion has an extra inside release on the tailgate which aftermarket ones usually do not.

Volvo V70 - V70 - retro fit 7 seat option possibe? - Sam49

Is that just on the modern ones? The Volvos my family had converted already had the internal boot release as standard - they were 240's though.

Once again - thanks all. Looks like it is a goer if a factory 7-seater D5 doesn't show itself.

Really nice cars btw, Was mightily impressed by a 145k mile slightly scruffy '53 plate last week when I accompanied friend on her test drive. Excellent exhaust note from the 5 cylinder diesel, loads of urge and not a squeak from inside (although valet would have been good!).