What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Puma - CAT C CAR - lesd0

I bought a car from a car dealer a year ago for £2000, I have just tried to sell it and have found out that it is a cat c car. When I called the dealer he says that he will pay £300 for the car but it is worth £800 do I have any come backs on the dealer?

Ford Puma - CAT C CAR - tony g
Sorry to say ,I dont think you have any come back,especially after a year.
Its not illegal for a dealer to sell cat c or d cars .
It's for you to do the Experian checks ,after all they can cost as little as £5.
The only way a dealer can be held to account is if you ask him specifically is this car a cat c or d and you have a witness to him saying no.
Then he has misrepresented the car and can be liable to compensate you.
Sites like honest John give you all the information you need to avoid problems like this.

Tony g
Ford Puma - CAT C CAR - NARU

Recent rulings say that dealers have a duty to disclose under S6 of The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

news.dorsetforyou.com/2011/08/insurance-%E2%80%98w.../

Have you got the original adverts, receipt etc. If they don't show the cat C then you can try asking for your money back.

Start by checking your V5c. It should be noted on there. And it could be argued that you should have noticed.

Ford Puma - CAT C CAR - tony g
(a)the commercial practice omits material information,

Marlot ,just checked the 2008 act ,the above is an excerpt from it .you're absolutely right .
The amended act does require dealers to disclose cat c/d cars .
Not only that ,but as I understand it , anything that is to the detriment of a buyer ,that is known to the seller or should be known to the seller.must be disclosed to the buyer.
A much stronger piece of legislation than the the original sale of goods act.?

Regards

Tony g