What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
focus 2000 ghia - oil ford focus 2.0 w reg - Sandy York

IS THERE A SPECIAL OIL FOR OIL CHANGES OR DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT OIL I SHOULD USE ?

focus 2000 ghia - oil ford focus 2.0 w reg - Bobbin Threadbare

Does it not say in the car's handbook? You can try putting your car registration into the Castrol website and it will give you the correct viscosity and synth/not synth to use. I used to use 5W-30 for my 1.6 petrol Focus.

focus 2000 ghia - oil ford focus 2.0 w reg - jc2

5W/30 part synthetic. "Formula E" is Ford's own.

focus 2000 ghia - oil ford focus 2.0 w reg - RT

You also need to know the ACEA grade required, the viscosity on it's own isn't enough.

focus 2000 ghia - oil ford focus 2.0 w reg - SteveLee

"The range" do a Unipart branded For- spec fully-synth 0W30 for £19.99 for 5 litres. They also do a VW 505/507 spec oil depending on the branch. Most do the part synth 505 (£14.99) the 507 is harder to find.

The oil designed for your engine is Ford Formula E which is a part-synthetic 5W/30;you don't need to know ACEA or other specs.

focus 2000 ghia - oil ford focus 2.0 w reg - RT

Is that a first - a manufacturer that doesn't specify the ACEA grade required for their engines?

Ford meet the relevant ACEA(and a number of other specs)- they're quoted on the packaging.This is the oil for most Ford engines for non-extended servicing-they have now intrduced a fully-synthetic to meet the requirements of extended servicing.