What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Renault Megane II - Injector Fault - Superdan6269

Hi - Ive got an 03 Megane 1.9DCI and has been running perfectly since I bought it 3 months ago. Yesterday I went out in it twice and then went to use it again and nothing worked as if it was a flat battery - tried to jump it from our Grand scenic but still no joy - still as if was flat battery but electrices were showing life. Tested battery and it showed 12.9V.

Whilst try to jump start it with leads it showed up "Injector fault" but hasnt appeared since. Now charging battery in vain hope that it may work in morning but dont hold out any hope.

The car showed no signs of a fault whilst driving it - it s as if it has taken an overdose and has given up on life.....

Is it terminal !!! Any help appreciated

Renault Megane II - Injector Fault - Peter.N.

Were the panel lights coming on or was there any other sign of electrical activity?

Renault Megane II - Injector Fault - doofer

Failed starter motor? Checked wiring to starter and engine earths?

On a side note, I try to avoid jump starting any relatively modern car, especially Renaults, either as donor or recipient. Their electronics are too vulnerable to surge damage even if the jump start is done correctly (which it rarely is).