What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Central Locking - Paul190

The Central locking on the above car has packed in, I have checked all the fuses and they are all fine, The boot release bottom on the dashboard doe's not work either. any idea's as to if it electrical problem or any advise would be wecomed. Thanks Paul

Ford Focus - Central Locking - smed706

hi 1st of all are you aware that there are 2 fuse boxes on a focus (under bonnet and dash)

if so the dash fuse box contains a relay numbered F63 which is the central locking relay which could have popped but the only way to tell is to replace it (not exspensive)

hope this helps you

kind regards Neil

Thanks Neil, I will give that a try, Paul

Hi Neil, I have locked for fuse F63 and cannot find it they only go upto F52??

Oh there are some relay's above the Fuse board but they are not numbered can you give me another clue. Thanks Paul

Ford Focus - Central Locking - smed706

hi paul can you give me the year of car and engine size please and an email address and i should be able to send you the fuse box diagram with highlighted relay

kind regards Neil

Hi Neal, it's is on a W plate which I think is 1998, My E-Mail address is Hodgson19@Blueyonder.co.uk

Regards

Paul.

Sorry the engine size is 1600.

Thanks

Paul

Ford Focus - Central Locking - elekie&a/c doctor

The fuse for the central locking system is located on the back of the cabin fusebox.You will need to drop it forward for access.hth

Ford Focus - Central Locking - badger01

Hi just to let you know I had exact same thing with a Ford Focus deisle 1.8 I tried all that fuse stuff in the end got a local guy to look at it and two faulty doorlocks was the problem he fitted 2 secondhand ones from a scap yard and everyting has worked fine since.

Regards Len

Hi Neal, are you still going to E-Mail me the diagram of the fuses and relay's.

Regards

Paul

Ok I have found Fuse F63 on the back of the fuse board, Yes i had Blown. now after replacing it all the lock's just close and open. anymore clue's. Thanks Paul

Now the car won't start either. God help me.

Ford Focus - Central Locking - imcn

Hi, can you tell me the exact location for that central locking relay?

Thanks

Jenny