What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - problems with ford focus abs light - mryowner

my w reg ford focus failed its mot the other day as the traction control light and the abs lights are constantley on in the dash board.

we have changed the sensor that he thought was faulty and the lights are still on.

today my fiancee tookit to a place where they ran a diagnostic test and he said all sensors were fine, but the back right had come up with a problem so he re set them and said try that,so a few miles up the road and hey ho they have come back on. we bought her back in july last year and the bloke said its nothing to worry about and had passed an mot done that morning (dodgey mot i think)

can any one help with any ideas as to what can be wrong we dont want to pay out megga money as she is a old girl (w reg).

any help greatly appreciated.

Ford Focus - problems with ford focus abs light - Roly93

I think this may be the same problem I had. It was caused by corrosion on the soldered connector on the instrument binnacle PCB connector. Easy to fix, just remove the trim from the binnacle and the 4 screws. Disconect and clean the soldered joints with meths and a toothbrush.

Ford Focus - problems with ford focus abs light - austin1100

Had the same problem,Ford wanted £500 for new management system and the correct answer was corrosion on the rear of the instrument cluster circuit board as per previous answer - I cleaned it with WD40 and soft cloth

Still going ok 2 years later

Edited by austin1100 on 30/06/2012 at 00:23

Ford Focus - problems with ford focus abs light - Roly93
One tiny word of warning would be to try not to tilt the instrument cluster too far away from its normal position, apparently this can cause harm to the damping mechanism of the dials. Other than this you should be fine.