What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo SCI estate - Heater blowing cold all the time? - Redbruce454

Help...

I have a Mondeo 1.8 petrol (sci) estate. runs fantastic , temp always sits in the middle of the gauge, performance fine but the heater will only blow cold air, i can switch through the temp range but no change just cold air. I have followed another thread and reset the climate control and had no error codes present, both heater pipes from bulkhead seem to be warm to hot and no evidence of any contamination in the expansion tank.Has anyone any ideas before i have to dig deep and visit fords

Ford Mondeo SCI estate - Heater blowing cold all the time? - Collos25
Providing the engine is running ok then the hot cold valve is not working on the heater circuit.
Ford Mondeo SCI estate - Heater blowing cold all the time? - honeybear

Had a problem on a Focus, I think that the heater control on the dash connects via a mechanical set up to the flap that allows more hot or cold air into the cabin and allows the temperature to be regulated accordingly, my problem was that this system broke leaving the setting on luke warm, it went into Ford and was repaired under warranty (it involves removing the radio area) and worked for about a fort night until it went again didnt get it repaired again as the car was being changed. An electronic connection would be better but must be more expensive to produce.

Ford Mondeo SCI estate - Heater blowing cold all the time? - WellKnownSid

Moved to technical

Ford Mondeo SCI estate - Heater blowing cold all the time? - elekie&a/c doctor

May be worth disconnecting the battery for 10 mins.This may clear the "lock up"of climate panel.I had similar problem on my 01 mondeo and this usually fixed it.Btw, there is no hot/cold valve on this model.hth

Ford Mondeo SCI estate - Heater blowing cold all the time? - Redbruce454

May be worth disconnecting the battery for 10 mins.This may clear the "lock up"of climate panel.I had similar problem on my 01 mondeo and this usually fixed it.Btw, there is no hot/cold valve on this model.hth

Many thanks to all comments, have reset control panel to no effect, removed kick panel under drivers side and side panel to heater access and removed the bottom actuator, where i have found that due to age the shaft was not seated in the torq drive correctly and had worn to the extent that it would not connect to the control flap, used an old mastic gum ( good tip) cut off the handle end and created a hex torq that fitted, checked flap and it was ok and not siezed. Have modified the actuator shaft so have a tighter fit, put back together and all working ok. Now have hot air......Did also find a sensor under drivers side panel that was totally covered in dirt and gunk so gave that a good clean out also.