What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo 2006 - Starter Motor - PHIL GOODWIN

My starter motor has been giving me problems so I am having it replaced. Is this the start of more problems?

Phil Goodwin

Ford Mondeo 2006 - Starter Motor - primeradriver

Possibly -- is it a TDCi?

If so, it could be the DMF beginning to break up that has caused your starter failure.

Get it checked as you might be wasting money on the starter if the DMF/clutch needs to be done as well. Thankfully this fault isn't as stupidly expensive to fix as it used to be -- maybe a £600 bill.

Ford Mondeo 2006 - Starter Motor - Collos25

Most mondeo diesels give stirling service with clutches lasting around 200k as do most modern cars don.t worry till it happens.

Ford Mondeo 2006 - Starter Motor - daveyjp
Sounds like it could be DMF filings contaminating the stater motor magnets. A common problem on Ford TDCi units and affects Mondeos, Transit Connects.

www.autoelectro.co.uk/bulletins/AE%20technical-bul...f

Ford Mondeo 2006 - Starter Motor - primeradriver

Most mondeo diesels give stirling service with clutches lasting around 200k as do most modern cars don.t worry till it happens.

That as may be, but it might have already happened in this case -- is it not wise to get it checked out before spending on a new starter?

Ford Mondeo 2006 - Starter Motor - pete57

clutch on way out dust clogs starter pinion if i was you take it off get it cleaned ,because if you buy a new one they won,t guarantee the starter for dust,i have changed lots of them,its always clutch dust.