What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
focus tdci - ford focus tdc 115 03 new engine wont start!! - carfy313

Hi, i have recently bought a focus tdci, which some one has changed the engine in and its not run since. im not sure if they changed the complete engine inc pump/ injectors ect ect or just added the old bits on, whats the best way to go about sorting this problem? Are the pumps coded? if so are the codes located on the pump? like on the injectors? i kno that fuel is getting to the pump, the car turn's over fine and the engine was out of a runner!! any ideas??? Any advice would be very helpfull thanks liam

focus tdci - ford focus tdc 115 03 new engine wont start!! - madf

Get your money back.

Too much hard work and money to be spent.

Seriously, if you buy a non runner I hope you paid peanuts..

You did check they fitted the correct engine before you bought it? I mean by checking the serial number? Otherwise it's find which engine you have, change ECU etc..

If it's not from a Focus then !

Edited by madf on 23/02/2011 at 19:17

focus tdci - ford focus tdc 115 03 new engine wont start!! - akjunaid

Hi mate just had a similar problem with my Fiat Doblo. I had the engine changed my self using a doner car. after just changing the engine the car refused to start, it turned out that i had to replace the fuel pump from my old engine and after doing that it started. So i think it would help if you can track down the old fuel pump. If that wont work it mite be a good idea if you can find out from Ford if you can decode or reset the fuel pump thats already on.

focus tdci - ford focus tdc 115 03 new engine wont start!! - carfy313

well i will check serial number on engine! do you kno if the fuel pumps are coded? engine seems to be in ok!