What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo Mk2 (T reg 1999) - Problems with Locking and Alarm Setting - leelu

Hi There!

I have a T reg mondeo and have been having some trouble with the vcentral locking. I don't have remote locking, only a key, a couple of months ago I started seeing problems where I couldn't centrally lock or unlock the car from the drivers door (using the key in the passanger door worked fine).

Since then it's as though the central locking and alarm has got a mind of its own! There have been instances where my alarm has started going off randomly (even when I haven't double locked the car) and the most recent (and very embarrasing!) problem I have had is that the car has randomly decided to lock itself whilst I was driving. I stopped at apetrol station and discovered that I couldn't unlock the passenger or driver door from inside, so I tried leaning out of the window to unlock the drivers door with th key from outside- which didn't work either! The only option I had was to unlock one of the rear doors and climb out through the back which set the alarm off!

I have seen a few posts with similar issues, so for the time being I have taken the fuse out of my central locking, but can any one advise where I should start looking for the bigger problem in the hope I can fix it eventually!

Any help would be very much appreciated!