What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Fiesta - deposits - bling thing

I have just put a deposit on a Fiesta (£100) then had Dekra carry out an inspcetion on said vehicle, a few small faults were listed. I went down to have a chat with the dealer to sort things out, only to find he was using the car to run around in. Q. have I got any grounds to ask for my deposit back. I fill that the Dekra report is now not worth the paper it is written on. The millage on the report and what it is now will be differant and I don't how the car has been treated. (bumped up curbs hit pot holes.) Any advice? Many Thanks. Should add second hand car value £9000

Edited by bling thing on 21/01/2011 at 08:27

Ford Fiesta - deposits - LucyBC
The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 require that a deposit is refunded if anything untoward is revealed in any checks you make or if issues with the vehicle have changed since you agreed to the purchase.

Once the deposit is taken the car should effectively be restricted to pre-prep and dealing with any service issues.

It is clear that the mileage would have changed and if you want to walk away your deposit should be returned to you. If he refuses then the remedy is the small claims court.