What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
1.6 Bluemotion - VW Touran Tow Bar - drewymac

Looking to purchase new (since Sept 2010) VW Touran 1.6 Blue motion with a towbar. Am told by VW Corporate that they have not yet decided if they are going to "allow" towbar to be fitted as it interferes with the superior mpg of Blue motion technology! Local dealer says he can fit one, no problem. Lease company says it will invalidate warranty. Result Impasse. Tried to get a definitive answer to no avail. No e-mail address available that I can see to get answer. Help please - even threatened to buy a Ford but the efficient Germans will not be moved.

1.6 Bluemotion - VW Touran Tow Bar - injection doc

I had a problem with jaguar over a towbar even though it was a jaguar bar & jaguar electrical pack. hence to say I voted with my feet.

If its genuine tow bar & electrical pack I really can't see why there is a problem even with the lease company.

Most manufactures & lease companies do not approve of after market towbar or electrics.

I would of thought if you fit a roof box or mudflaps then it will interfere with Bluemotion technology !, but if you drive it like a race car that will also interfere with the efficency so I think they are trying to baffle you with science !

You might do yourself as favor to buy a Ford to be honest, they have vastly improved over the years & VW well !