What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 - Steering Lock gone and Turn Indicators/Alarm - Matthew J King

At the same time I have noticed;
- Steering Lock fails to come on anymore.
- The Turn Indicators no longer flash to confirm that the interior alarm is on. However the alarm IS on, though the light in the button does not flash after 30 seconds of being locked (but anti-tow alarm light/button does immediately on locking, as usual).

What could this be due to? I've followed the manual to disable and re-enable both alarms.

Seperately, a week or two ago, the rear screen demister elements stopped working - not sure if this is related.

Thanks,
Matt.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 - Steering Lock gone and Turn Indicators/Alarm - elekie&a/c doctor

Check the fuses in the rear electric module.In boot on left hand side,behind rectangular trim panel.If these are ok,then try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins.Easiest way to do this is undo the 11mm nut that secures the earth lead to the suspension strut,then you will not need to disturb the pollen filter housing.hth

Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 - Steering Lock gone and Turn Indicators/Alarm - Matthew J King

Thanks for the advice. I've checked the Steering Lock fuse in the boot (and all other fuses inc. in engine compartment and next to drivers door hinge) and disconnecting battery at the strut earth to no avail.

nb: the light in the interior alarm button is working - most likely my mistake thinking it wasn't.

Curious additional info: if I lock the car with boot up, when I close the boot then the turn indicator DO flash on locking (as they still do for unlocking). It is only when the boot is closed that the turn indicators do not flash on locking.

Mercedes-Benz C-Class W203 - Steering Lock gone and Turn Indicators/Alarm - elekie&a/c doctor

Another thought.Do the interior lights work from front doors.Check the black plastic pin switches by door catch.I have seen these broken and cause problems with the locking system,hth