What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus - Rear boot struts - thirts

I've just bought some replacement rear boot struts for my Focus.

I've yet to fit them as I'm surprised that I can't compress them by even the tiniest amount. If it's as though they are solid!

I thought I would be able compress them by a fraction is this normal that they feel solid?

Ford Focus - Rear boot struts - elekie&a/c doctor

These struts need to be tough.You will be surprised how heavy the tailgate is.A word of advice.When changing these struts ,do one at a time,and make sure you have somebody to assist you to support the tailgate .hth

These struts need to be tough.You will be surprised how heavy the tailgate is.A word of advice.When changing these struts ,do one at a time,and make sure you have somebody to assist you to support the tailgate .hth

Thanks for the response/ I knew these things would be tough, and a can appreciate the tailgate is fairly heavy, but I can't budge these b*****s, and I think I weight more then the tailgate! Although I must admit I'm no Mr Universe

As an update.

Just put these rear struts on and it was dead easy (famous last words). The ones they replaced were just as solid, dispite the fact they they were not quite up to keeping the boot open.