What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord - Petrol in diesel car - LinuxGeek

Did something really stupid last night and I hope you experts can give me some advise. I filled up 11 litres petrol in my Accord 2.2 i-CTDi 56reg. When I realise it I had put in 11 litres so then I topped it up with diesel and filled the tank as much as I could. Drove it home which is about 10 miles. Car was absolutely fine, nothing abnormal like no hickups, smoke from the exhaust etc..

What shall I do now? Shall I get the tank drained completely and replace the fuel filtre (suggested by someone) or just drain about 20/30 litres from it and fill it up with diesel? Please help :-(

Honda Accord - Petrol in diesel car - Collos25

If you only have 11 litres in a full tank then you will be ok,you could drain it to be on the safe side but it will not harm anything it will just give everything a good clean and make starting starting easier on cold mornings.No doubt the doom mongers will be along shortly.

Don´t make a habit of it though.

Honda Accord - Petrol in diesel car - Peter.N.

Just keep topping the tank up to reduce the dilution.

Honda Accord - Petrol in diesel car - LinuxGeek

Thanks a lot guys. I'm feeling a bit better now.

I always check at least twice before pressing the nozzel to make sure I've got the correct pump in my hand, don't know what happened to me last night. :(

Honda Accord - Petrol in diesel car - Collos25

Most of us have done the same thing at some time and those that haven´t their time will come .