What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
ford ka 2010 reg. - blower problem - smokesmate

The blower on my ford ka 2010 model only works on position 4 on the dial.

My local dealer says its the blower resistor pack and that it will take three days to do the job because the dashboard as to be removed to get at tthe resistor pack.

Does anyone know if this is correct or is the dealer yanking my chain.

Three days seems an awfully long time to replace a blower resistor pack.

regards

smokesmate

ford ka 2010 reg. - blower problem - madf

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_resistor_pack_for_the_heater_blower_motor_on_a_2004_Ford_Ka

http://myka.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?153518

They're having a laff..have you upset them?

Edit: of course a 2010 model may be wildly different to a 2004 one.. But I bet they use the same parts...

Edited by madf on 23/11/2010 at 16:37

no i haven't upset them honest,

they said that the new style ford ka doesn't have the blower resistor pack in the footwell and that its behind the dashboard.

they then said it will take three days to remove the dash change the resistor and replace the dash.

i'm a bit sceptical about this thats why i'm asking.

i suppose its a case of they're doing there bread and butter jobs first ie mot's servicing tyres and exhausts and only doing my car when these jobs are done.

ford ka 2010 reg. - blower problem - elekie&a/c doctor

The speed resistor is behind the dash,looks like glove box side.I would think 3 days is a bit excessive.That is around £1500 labour for a part that costs around £10!!.As its a Ford ,I would guess approx 1-2 hrs would be more realistic.hth

elekie&a/c doctor

thanks for the reply.i did notice that if you look in the glove box and open the flap there is a panel with the fuses on is this blower resistor around that area some where.

if it is it looks like my local evans halshaw are taking the p***.