What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Focus 1.6tdci 2005 - Ignition coil pack and non start - focuskev

I have an intermittent non start sometimes when I return to the vehicle after a short period with no noises or crank. Have been told it may be the immobiliser. Does anyone know if the ignition coil pack would show this problem if it was faulty?

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 2005 - Ignition coil pack and non start - doofer

There is no ignition coil pack on a diesel.

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 2005 - Ignition coil pack and non start - elekie&a/c doctor

I really don't think this is an immobiliser fault.If this is a diesel,then there is no ignition coil pack.I would be looking at starter motor and battery terminals/connections.hth

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 2005 - Ignition coil pack and non start - injection doc

coil pack fault would not cause a non crank. have you tried the spare key ? it sounds like an imobilzer fault. Take it to a good indy who could carry out some diagnostics for you.

You may end up needing dealer support so check keys first, often overlooked.

Hi and thanks.

The key was checked ok by Ford. Will check starter motor wiring connections.

The only problem with diadnostics is that the intermittent fault would have to be evident to find the cause and its been into Ford and not showed this problem so they told me there's nothing wrong with it.

It has a pattern slightly of once turned off when its been running, go back to restart in say an hour and it doesnt.

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 2005 - Ignition coil pack and non start - madtaz72

hi there have u tryed cheaking the start and stop valve on the desil pump it lookes like a large spark plug with a black wire spade conection easyest way to cheak is run a live from battrey with a fuse in line and put the cable on it turn the engine over if starts ok and stops then ok if nothing happens then change the start and stop valve madtaz

Hi,

Ive had an online expert suggest so many things but not that will give it a try thanks

Ford Focus 1.6tdci 2005 - Ignition coil pack and non start - elekie&a/c doctor

I'm afraid there is no stop/start solenoid valve on a common rail diesel system.hth