MINI Cooper + Cooper S - coolant level dropping quickly - ladymini

I have a mini cooper 06 which has done about 27K miles.

Last month the coolant started leaking and recently BMW found the thermostat + thermostat housing was at fault. This was replaced by BMW and the coolant level on the day was topped up to max. It has only been a week since all this and already the coolant level has dropped to minimum! There is no obvious signs of a leak and there is no coolant leak on the floor (as there was originally with the leak before the thermostat was replaced). The car has been booked back in with BMW but there is a 2 week wait. Please help!

Edited by ladymini on 12/10/2010 at 18:02

MINI Cooper + Cooper S - coolant level dropping quickly - Collos25

Just keep checking it if it stays at minium then you are ok if it drops below then it looks like a head off job.Take all measurements when cold.Its also possible when they refilled the system they left some air which has now come out although this is unlikely.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 12/10/2010 at 18:12

MINI Cooper + Cooper S - coolant level dropping quickly - M.R.G services

Sounds like the system level may have dropped due to air lock from when the repair was done which is quite normal and can be topped up with water. If continues to drop in level then possibly is a prob but I would keep eye on it and see how it go's.

MINI Cooper + Cooper S - coolant level dropping quickly - M.R.G services

Sounds like the system level may have dropped due to air lock from when the repair was done which is quite normal and can be topped up with water. If continues to drop in level then possibly is a prob but I would keep eye on it and see how it go's.