What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
FORD MONDEO GHIA X 2001 - FORD MONDEO POWER STEERING LEAK - Robert Thomson

Hello,

I have a 2001 Ford Mondeo. I recently noticed a small leak of fluid underneath the engine near the drivers side.

I checked and smelt the spilt fluid and seems to be Power Steering fluid. I have checked the oil, water and brake fluid and they are all fine.

But after checking the power steering fluid tank it was less than half full. So I would imagine it is the power steering fluid that is leaking.

Since this happend I have also noticed I have been getting very low mpg, would a power steering leak cause this?

I have tried to find where it is leaking from, but can really locate the exact point. But is leaking from near the front of the engine and closer to the drivers side.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how to fix it?

Thank you

FORD MONDEO GHIA X 2001 - FORD MONDEO POWER STEERING LEAK - pmabz

I have similar problem - oil dripping onto alternator belts and being sprayed over side of engine - driver's side.

took it to local garage yesterday, after one place said it wasn't worth fixing, seals leaking - this guy found that a pressure switch on the power steering assembly was allowing fluid to leak out.

waiting to see how much to replace this switch.

FORD MONDEO GHIA X 2001 - FORD MONDEO POWER STEERING LEAK - garage-express

Is this mondeo an auto? if so they suffer with pipes from the auto box cooler splitting due to corrosion so this may be your problem