What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Mondeo - Views - Roly93

I was considering buying a nearly new Mondeo 2.0 TDCI.

I wanted to know if they have ironed out the injector/pump problems now and whether these have any common failures ?

They seem a nice car and our experiences with Focusses has been very good..

Ford Mondeo - Views - ablandy

i've had a 08 2.0 tdci zetec estate for the last 2 years and 41000 miles. Very good car, good to drive, never gone wrong (only needed to get a front parking sensor replaced, done under warranty).

Its a good engine, never felt it needed more power (had a 2.4 accord type s before). According to the in car trip, ive averaged 48 mpg, but i do have a heavy left foot at times!

Only niggle is with the silver effect buttons, the paint is coming off. Not bad if thats the only complaint.

Heated front screen is brilliant.

Ford Mondeo - Views - R2-CMax

Think most of injector/fuel pump issues refer to the old Mondeo TDCi which was a different engine.

The one in the current Mondeo that you're looking at is from the PSA joint venture and so should have been thoroughly de-bugged, as it was in PSA HDi with 90/110bhp, and had a couple of years in the Mk2 Focus, various PSA vehicles and the smaller Volvos. There were problems with these engines in early Mk2 Focus (specifically EGR valves getting clagged up), but that issue seems to have been solved on vehicles built about 2006 onwards.

Ford Mondeo - Views - sandy56

try this website for info

www.fordmondeo.org/index.php

Ford Mondeo - Views - craig-pd130

Here are my in-depth impressions of my 2008 2.0 TDCi Zetec estate.

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/mondeo-iv-2007/?section=owners-reviews

Mine continues to be an excellent all-round car.

The one addition I would make is that a couple of recent trips in so-called 'premium' brand cars (a new BMW 730d and a Merc C220 CDI) reinforced what an excellent A-road / motorway cruiser the Mondeo is.

Both the BM and Merc had quite fidgety, knobbly rides and neither had low-profile tyres. The Mondeo's ride, bump absorbtion and road noise suppression really is outstanding (on the Zetec's 215 / 55 16" wheels, anyway).