What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Jaguar XJ6, XJ8, XJR - Front Parking Sensor - Jagxj

I need to replace a faulty sensor next to the front number plate.

Jaguar Part Number C2C29376XXX but the dealer price is £51.05

Does anyone know if there is an identical/equivalent Ford sensor which I can't imagine would cost the same?

Jaguar XJ6, XJ8, XJR - Front Parking Sensor - Collos25

Get an RS cataloque or just replace them with a cheap set from ebay,£51 for one sensor I only paid £8 for a full system.

Jaguar XJ6, XJ8, XJR - Front Parking Sensor - Jagxj

Not that helpful -- did you infer that the replacement sensor I require would be found in an RS Components catalogue - Wrong!

How well you have done in fitting a system to your car for £8 but it is of little help in answering my query regarding a possible Ford compatible.

I have 4 holes on the front bumper all sized to fit the existing sensors - but I guess you probably have fitted a replacement front bumper to your car - complete with sensors for two and tuppence halfpenny!

Cheers.

Jaguar XJ6, XJ8, XJR - Front Parking Sensor - davmal

A common, but elementary mistake. If Andy had inferred something, then it would have been from an implication. I think you're asking whether he implied that your replacement sensor could be found in an RS catalogue, what you infer from that is up to you.

My apologies if English is your second language, I suspect it may be.

If you were to buy four new sensors, and ensure that they were larger than those already fitted, then you could drill larger, matching holes:)

Neither Jaguar or Ford make sensors they buy them in they are available in the RS catalogue unpainted.If you want to pay Ford or Jaguar prices please go ahead .

E bay Item number: 260633675930

If you need the genuine part

E bay Item number: 260633675930

If you need the genuine part

Jaguar XJ6, XJ8, XJR - Front Parking Sensor - Harry Boy

Jagxj: Take 100 lines on the difference betweem infer and imply. For the record my girlfriend looks better infer than imply, ply being a bit woody for my taste.

Not too sure about davmals suspicion about English not being your first language, anyone who uses "two and tuppence halfpenny" sounds very English to me. davmal?

Not sure what he was apologising for, in any case.

So shape up Jagxj, not only a mistake but a common and elementary one, which reminds me about Sherlock Holmes front door being yellow.

Funny language, your English....have a good day.

There is a special place with people with white coats awaiting you.

And my nationality I am cross breed.

Edited by Andy Bairsto on 09/08/2010 at 20:27