What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Ford Ka - Headlight removal - yankeesiter

The manual suggests that you have to remove the wing and front bumper to do this. Having looked at the unit, the bolt behind the grill looks as though it might be removable using a flexible drive on a socket and the bolt under the wheel arch with a ratchet ring spanner. Am I missing something here? Perhaps the unit is too big to remove through the opening even when the screws are undone. Any ideas?

Edited by yankeesiter on 13/05/2010 at 16:28

Ford Ka - Headlight removal - OG

The manual suggests that you have to remove the wing and front bumper to do this.

What sort of idiots design cars these days?

Ford Ka - Headlight removal - Talking Hoarse

I suspect that removing the wheel arch liner may help gain access. We pulled the wheel arch liner away from the front of my son's 52 reg Ka so as to change the headlamp bulbs. OG is right though - this sort of messing about to do routine stuff is bobbins!

Ford Ka - Headlight removal - yankeesiter

I managed to remove all three bolts holding the headlamp in. It wiggled slightly but wouldn''t come out, so it looks like you have to remove the bumper and wing to get it out.

Ford Ka - Headlight removal (StreetKa & SportKa variation not much) - avidhjreader

StreetKa without wheel removal (but Chock car in gear & put support under sides 1st!)

Front Right -Turn wheel outwards as in handbook & find small Phillips (+) grub screw, spray WD40 on that and 2 x lower clips & leave 20mins - Then need shortest screwdriver to undue grub screw & pull away from 2 lower clips. Now access rear light panel & pull metal clip up & over top & pull off rear panel.

Front Left (There's no small panel!) Turn wheel outwards and remove front part of black plastic inner wheel arch. Need 8mm socket for nut underneath, then T25 (*) star screws front middle and one near shock absorber and one Phillips screw (WD40 all!)

I'd put a wooden block under sills to ensure safety first! Thanks to Talking Hoa***