Ford Galaxy - max milage on a clutch, offers? - dieseldogg

Cos I got 215,000 on mine & it is still good, despite occasional heavy (3500kg) trailer towing, a lot of town stop start driving, plus 300miles of using in lieu of brakes, ie down through the gears. Mind two adolescents learning may just be its death knell.

Cheers

M

Ford Galaxy - max milage on a clutch, offers? - LongDriver {P}

Only managed 140,000 miles on mine, but then again its life was ended by a CV joint and flywheel failure.

Ford Galaxy - max milage on a clutch, offers? - AlanGowdy

Cos I got 215,000 on mine & it is still good, despite occasional heavy (3500kg) trailer towing, a lot of town stop start driving, plus 300miles of using in lieu of brakes, ie down through the gears. Mind two adolescents learning may just be its death knell.

Cheers

M

Excellent.. If treated properly there's no reason why a clutch should not last the life of the car. My old Rover was on the original clutch when I traded it in at 130,000 miles with plenty of bite remaining and no sign of slip. Just remember that the best place for your foot is off the clutch, the second best is with the pedal fully depressed, anywhere in between is bad news and best used for no longer than is essential!

Edited by AlanGowdy on 13/04/2010 at 00:59