What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic scraping noise - file attached - Corporal_Jones

Hi Guys

I'm getting a slightly metallic sc***ing sound, I've uploaded a sound recording here:

www.mediafire.com/file/455xhnyx4ir/Memo.m4a

you can hear it from 15 seconds onwards, its only when the car is moving, any ideas what it could be?, I had it serviced by the Honda garage and have only noticed it since then however I do drive with the windows up so normally its pretty sound proof!

Advice much appreciated :)

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 09/04/2010 at 22:07

Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic sc***ing noise - file attached - Peter D

That link does not go to your recorded file thus no one has reponded.

Regards Peter

Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic sc***ing noise - file attached - Dynamic Dave

I'm getting a slightly metallic sc***ing sound, I've uploaded a sound recording here:

A slightly metallic what sound?

Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic sc***ing noise - file attached - Clk Sec

:-)

Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic sc***ing noise - file attached - Corporal_Jones

Its working for me here.

It was meant to be a slight metal Scraping sound.

I went to the honda dealer who said its the brakes wear indicator, I did think it might be that but because it was constant (not just when braking) I thought it cant be looks like I was wrong.

Anyone know a cheap place (maybe online) to get discs and pads done?

I've been quoted £490 for both front and rear

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 09/04/2010 at 22:05

Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic sc***ing noise - file attached - Peter D

As you created the file when you link to it it plays the file in your PC not that from the net. We do not hear anything. That price ir really sillt for pads. Find an independant garage. Regards Peter

Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic sc***ing noise - file attached - Corporal_Jones

The car only has 40k miles on the clock, I'm surprised I need new discs as well :(

Honda Accord 2006 - slight metallic sc***ing noise - file attached - Dynamic Dave

It was meant to be a slight metal Scraping sound.

Looks like someone has added the word "c r a p" to the swear filter again since I was a moderator on here. It used to be in there before, but we found it interfered with words like scrap, scrape, scrappage, etc, so we took it back out again.

(That was me, may remove it again. Boris)

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 09/04/2010 at 22:07