What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
Honda - Used car Tyre Depth - dawihi

I am looking for some legal advice on tyre depth. I have purchased a used car, with tyres which I think are below the legal depth of 1.6mm. The dealer said if they were found to be below 1.6mm then they would be replaced.

currently he is checking the car over before I collect it. I was wondering if the dealer finds that these tyres are below the legal requirement should he then bear the cost?

Honda - Used car Tyre Depth - Altea Ego

You think they are below? Its not a matter of think its a very black or white measurement,

were the treads at the level of the tread wear indicators? (the small blocks in the tread that when level with the rest of the tyre mean the tread depth is down to 2.0mm)

He shouldnt sell a car thats not road legal so why did you buy a car you thought was not legal?

Honda - Used car Tyre Depth - dawihi
Thanks for response.

I stipulated that they must be replaced before I take it away. I am just curious as to whether or not he will try and charge me for the new tyres?
Honda - Used car Tyre Depth - Altea Ego

its up to you to not pay the extra. Have you signed a sales invoice with a price on it? if so thats the price you pay.