What is life like with your car? Let us know and win £500 in John Lewis vouchers | No thanks
what a great little courtesy car - Biker Bones
Just had a little spin in the ford fiesta courtesy car weve got untill tomorrow night while our citroen c2 is off the road . The fiesta has only done 400 miles and i have to admit its a cracking drive and very funky inside . The girlfriend has fallen in love with it , gonna be a bit of a comedown back to our c2 but nevermind maybe one day we can dream lol
what a great little courtesy car - maz64
Do you know which engine it's got?

Edited by Focus {P} on 14/02/2010 at 21:44

the 1.4 zetec i think , its not the S though
what a great little courtesy car - jbif
.... i have to admit its a cracking drive and very funky inside . The girlfriend has fallen in love with it ..... >>

You obviously don't share this opinion then:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=82621&...f
Ford Fiesta - How do they mess it up so badly? stunorthants26 Tue 2 Feb 10 09:37

Edited by jbif on 14/02/2010 at 21:55

sorry my mistake it must have been the 1.25 petrol , would agree with stu was a little noisy but normally we got music on so probably wouldnt have noticed , only because its a courtesy car she hasnt put any cds in . it fely very quick and lively , our c2 is the 1.1 but son has the c2 1.4 vtr and i must admit i think i would prefer the fiesta .
what a great little courtesy car - lucklesspedestrian
must admit, we had a 1.4 something or other plus as a courtesy car a couple of months back and thought it was a smashing wee motor in comparison to the white A reg 950 pop plus we had back in 1985!
what a great little courtesy car - stunorthants26
I suspect a diesel Fiesta would be nice to drive as its needs a gutsy engine for the heavy body.

I could live with one, but it would be too much of a compromise if I had other choices. Prob one of the best looking superminis around though.
Yeah i agree stu it was a lovely looking car , in silver , girlfriend said if she had one she wanted blue ,,,, she can dream on :)
what a great little courtesy car - stunorthants26
Simple truth is though, id have the Mazda 2, because its a lighter version of the same car which proves that the Fiesta is heavy for no good reason. And that to me is a bit dumb.
what a great little courtesy car - Dodge
Had the diesel out on rental for a week.
Good points - Looks good from outside, nice colours

Bad points

poor driving position - visibility bad
too heavy
noisy engine
cramped interior - feels smaller inside than the car it replaced
poor switch gear (already breaking)
much too expensive
Why would you buy one of these when a discounted Focus is similar money?

The Corsa (not perfect) is a much better deal and more importantly at the right price.